Friday, December 26, 2008

How I Spent My Christmas...

CHRISTMAS EVE DINNER AT LA HABRA
We went to Uncle Ruben and Auntie Thelma's house for dinner. Throughout the night Andrew, Cindy's boyfriend, kept saying "Champayne" really loud in this weird, funny accent. No, he wasn't drunk. He just kept saying it, and now I can't stop saying it.

We ate a combination of filipino and italian food - grilled chicken from Chow King, pancit palabok and lumpia, two different types of pastas and lots of garlic bread.

After we ate, Dan brought out guitar hero and we all rocked on. To my surprise, Ronald (the attorney, haha) enjoyed singing the most. Auntie Thelma sang too (I will never forget the time she played Wii Sports Boxing) and Cindy enjoyed playing bass. After a few songs, we stopped playing to allow the adults to karaoke. And after a few glasses of CHAMPAYNE and some good laughs, we headed home.

Look at their beautiful Christmas tree.
Now look at the ornament Andrew hid on the tree. Auntie Thelma got so mad when she found it. haha.




Daisy didn't want to play with them. =(


CHRISTMAS DAY AT COTO DE CAZA
We went to Tito Melvin and Tita Glory's house for Christmas this year. (You know... I recently noticed that I only say Tito/Tita with "The Clan" and not with my other Uncles and Aunts. Is that weird?) There was a lot of good food - a different menu for lunch and dinner.

We watched the Lakers kick some Celtic butt! It was a very intense and entertaining game. When the game finished, I texted my friends who are fellow Laker fans because I was so happy!

Then we watched Eight Below, I forgot how sad that movie was. It made me miss my doggies.

Shortly after the movie, Mama Perla almost burnt the house down. HAHA! She was talking about fruit salad, then suddenly her scarf caught on fire by one of the candles. Tita Susan started to laugh hysterically... it was funny. Don't worry Mama is fine, her scarf, on the other hand, is not.

After the movie, we did our White Elephant gift exchange. It was a lot of fun. If only I saw Mark's (Mendoza, haha) face after he opened his gift. He thought he only got a hot dog holder!

Right after the game, we were rushed to pack up and leave for home. I hate when that happens.

But overall... I had a GREAT Christmas. I couldn't ask for more.

2 comments:

Elisha Marie said...

What are those deer doing there!? Too much like that, like that.

Andrew C. said...

those deer had too much CHAMPAYNE